• Duration: Full Day
• Fully Guided Tour
• Bike and Helmet rental
• Snack Pack (including bottled water, choc & peanuts/raisins)
• Return transport from central meeting point in Cape Town City Centre*
• All Wine tastings en route
For the young-at-heart looking for an action packed day, this 21km (13mi) route is the one for you! Enjoy tastings at three superb wineries focusing on the smaller, boutique wineries of the Stellenbosch region. The cycling route takes you along private farm roads through the breathtaking vineyards of the area.
Tours are weather dependent.
NB: Clients to ensure they are capable of cycling 21km over the course of a day.
Client to be aware that bikes are Mountain Bikes, and not city cruisers.
Clients to note that cycling is done off-road, and not on paved cycle paths.
Self-drive guests: meet at Asara Hotel at 10h00 and can expect to be done by +-16h00.
Transfer guests to meet at 09h00 at the &Bikes Boutique, corner of Loop Street and Waterkant Street, Cape Town CBD and can expect to be back by +-17h00.
*Please enquire for a transfer quote if you would like a hotel pickup.
• Tours are weather Dependent.
• NB: Clients to ensure they are capable of cycling 10km over the course of a morning
• Client to be aware that bikes are Mountain Bikes, and not city cruisers
• Clients to note that cycling is done off-road, and not on paved cycle paths
Duration: 6 hours
When: 7 Days a week. We are closed on 25 - 26 December, 1 January and Good Friday.
Where: Asara Hotel and Wine Estate, Polkadraai Road, Stellenbosch, 7600
Weather: All our Tours are Weather dependent. Our Experienced guide makes a call on the morning of the activity and decide if the tour should proceed or not. In the case a of a cancellation we provide you with an alternative date for our next tour or a refund less administration costs of 5%
What to Wear: Comfy clothes and closed shoes ideal for cycling.
Things to Bring: Bring yourself, friends, comfortable shoes, sun block, a warm top / windbreaker, a camera and money for lunch & any wines you wish to purchase along the way. Guests or Spectators:
This tour is not based at one location and therefore guests cannot be accommodated at any specific point while you enjoy the tour. They are however more than welcome to join the tour at an additional price as advertised on this site.
Distance: 21 km
Dear valued client, due to feedback from guests who have joined us on tour, please spend a moment reading and acknowledging the below points, before carrying on and making a tour selection with us.
• Our office hours are Monday – Friday, 08h00 – 17h00, Saturday 08h00 – 13h00 South African Time. Email enquiries outside of these times will be responded to first thing on
Monday morning. The cellphone booking line will be operational from 08h00 - 19h00 on weekdays and 08h00 - 16h00 on weekends. The bookings phone will not be answered
outside of these hours.
• Our tours are booked on a first come, first serve basis so to avoid disappointment please book in advance. Arrivals without a booking will not be guaranteed availability
although we will do our best to accommodate you wherever we can.
• Complimentary transfers from our Café in Cape Town are also booked on a first come, first serve basis, and we cannot guarantee space will be available with late bookings.
• The shuttle departs at set times, so please be aware you might have to wait for other tour groups to finish cycling before departing back to Cape Town. Please note that we
WILL NOT alter the shuttle departure times to cater for specific needs. If you are in any doubt, contact us to book a private customized tour experience that best suits your
• Our group tours are set start/end times, set wineries or estates visited as well as set distances cycled. This information is all readily available on each individual tour page. If
you have booked on group tour, please note that we WILL NOT alter the tour to cater for specific needs. If you are in any doubt, contact us to book a private customized tour
experience that best suits your unique requirements.
• As much as we would like to, we have no control over the weather. It is generally hot (25-35'C) during our summer months, and often rainy in our winter months. Please be
aware of this. You will receive our “rainy day” policy once you have made a reservation, or you can view it on our website under “About Us”
• Our tour guides are first and foremost bicycle guides. They are not permitted to drink wine when they are working as this would be irresponsible. We ask our guests to not take
offence when they decline to partake.
• If you would like to experience food/wine pairings, in-depth wine tastings and a more upmarket experience, please book a Luxury Tour or ask us to customise a tour for you.
We pride ourselves on the affordability of our tours and offer 3-5 star options.
• Wine tasting is objective. Our tours showcase a variety of wines to suit all palates. If you do not enjoy a wine this does not mean the quality of the wine is inferior as all of the
estates chosen are award winning reputable establishments – if you are in any doubt, please let us know your preference, and we will put together a private customised tour
to best suit your tastebuds, and riding ability.
We are here to help wherever we can and have had thousands of satisfied clients on tour with us. If you are unsure of anything, please drop us line, and we will gladly help wherever we can.
Policy & TermsMin/Max: 2/30. Departure: Daily, Subject To Availbility. Minimum Age: 16 years. Terms & Conditions: Reservations are only confirmed upon receipt of invoice. Once the booking request has been received, invoiced and processed it is refundable as per the conditions below: Day Tours, a. Less than 48hrs before tour = No refund, b. Less than 72hrs before tour = 50% refund. c. More than 72hrs before tour = 90% refund. Tours are weather dependent: in the case a of a cancellation we provide you with an alternative date for our next tour or a refund less administration costs of 5%.
Days : 1 | Nights : 0