Shark Cage Diving Cape Town
A personal, face-to-face encounter with this awesome animal, is guaranteed to get the adrenaline going! Dive with the sharks in Gaansbaai.
Getting into the cage with the sharks around, is truly one of the most breath-taking adventure activities you will ever live to remember. When feeding actively around the boat, the sharks may occasionally brush their tail against the cage, but NEVER attack the cage. They are very curious though and often come close-up to the cage, taking a closer look at the diver. A personal, eye-to-eye encounter with this awesome animal, is guaranteed to get the adrenaline going!
What’s Included: (per person)
- Hot tea / coffee and light breakfast upon our arrival at Gansbaai office
- A hot light lunch is served upon our return (beef lasagne, rolls and greek salad)
- A fast, yet safe 20 minute boat ride to Dyer Island
- Snacks, drinks and sweets on-board the boat
- Educational information and safety briefing
- Diving equipment and wet-suits available at no additional cost
- Scuba diving in the cage for experienced divers (conditions allowing)
- Assisted snorkeling in cage for inexperienced divers
- Spectacular surface viewing for non divers (shark activity allowing)
- View Cape Fur Seals from the boat (conditions allowing)
- Enjoy land-based whale watching in Hermanus (July – Dec)
Premiere Option (includes transport): (per person)
- Luxurious return transfers from Cape Town in air-conditioned buses.
- Drop-off at Cape Town International Airport at no additional cost. (Upon request).
- All items of a personal nature, souvenirs, sea-sick tablets and towel.
- Various gifts and memorabilia for sale.
- Purchase a DVD of your own personal shark diving experience, after the tour.
What To Bring
- Warm weather proof clothing
- Sunscreen and hat
- Camera and binoculars
- Sea-sick tablets
- If you are a certified scuba diver, than you have to bring along your scuba diving certification card.
Approximate Itinerary: Transport (Premiere option only)
- Door-to-door collection from the Cape Town metropolitan area.
- Shark Cage Diving Arrival at Gansbaai office (start of your adventure holiday), where a light breakfast, coffee/tea will be available while the safety briefing and other formalities are concluded. The boat launches from Kleinbaai harbour. 20 min later, we anchor in or nearby “Shark Alley”. Return to Kleinbaai harbour. A light hot lunch is enjoyed while viewing the video of the day. A copy of your own personal experience is available on DVD after the tour.
Total duration of shark cage diving from meeting point until departure is approximately 5 hours with approximately 3 hours at sea. Premiere Option (including transport) – Total duration from meeting point until departure is approximately 5 hours with approximately 3 hours at sea. Please note : Due to tides and collection schedules, we can only confirm exact collection times at 16h00 the day prior to your tour.
Length: Approx 8 hours (IF incl. transport), with up to 3 hours in the water
Departure Time: Various
Start Point: Pickup in Cape Town City Bowl Regions (Premier) or Gansbaai (Budget)
End Point: Drop off in Cape Town City Bowl Regions (Premier) or Gansbaai (Budget)
Transport: None (Can be arranged at additional cost)
Departs: Everyday (weather dependant)
Minimum People: 1 person
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Policy & Terms
Outside 30 days – 90% refund. Within 30 days – 70% refund. Within 48 hours – no refund. Bad weather cancellation – 90% refund. Organized by: Cape Xtreme Adventure Tours cc
Days : 1 | Nights : 0