• Duration: 3 nights
• 4* Star Unguja Lodge Beach Villas Zanzibar Holiday Package
• Double room, breakfast, 2 adults included
• Airport transfers included
• Intimate and personal - enjoy a relaxing atmosphere and beautiful beaches
• 3 nights accommodation, Baobab villa, back row sea view or Sea view family villa, half board in Unguja Lodge Zanzibar
• Transfer airport/town to Unguja Lodge: per car (6 persons), two ways
• Long stay discount: 5 nights stay = 4 nights pay - not valid for stays between 1-10 January 2018 and 20 December 2018-10 January 2018*
• Third, fourth, fifth, and sixth persons sharing the Sea view family villa are 50% of the rate
• Upgrade to Sea view villa and fullboard are available as add-ons during the purchase process
Unguja Lodge is a small lodge with an intimate atmosphere in Kizimkazi, the Southern tip of Zanzibar.
Adventurous people who also want comfort feel at home in our lodge; people who are active but want the luxury of a well organized trip, very high quality accommodation and an excellent meal at the end of the day. Many people who come for instance from a safari, don't want to be in a thirteen-in-a-dozen-hotel. They want to be in a personal environment and experience Zanzibar.
Keywords to Unguja Lodge are: the true Zanzibar experience, personal style, integration in the natural and social environment. We have an excellent relationship with the village Kizimkazi Mkunguni (most of our staff is from the village) and we take care of our natural environment (we kept all vegetation while building).
Because the lodge has a maximum capacity of only 30 guests and Martien, the manager, lives on site, we can guarantee a very personal service.
The flora and fauna of the site are beautiful: there are old mango trees and many baobab trees. The site also offers a home to a lot of animals: we have a family of black tail monkeys who adopted a red colobus monkey…although he is often being teased by the black tail teenagers!
A small nature trail (about 50 m) takes you to a small, permanent beach where guests can watch the local women making rope from coconut husk.
In front of the lodge the beach is tidal. At high tide the water comes in up to the cliff, Then it is very nice swimming. At low tide the water retreats until max. 70 metres from the cliff. A beautiful, clean washed, white beach exposes. Time to put the sun beds and umbrellas on the beach.
In building as well as in operation, we use as many local materials as possible: the villas, bar, restaurant and dive centre are traditionally built with coral rock and have makuti roofs.
Also in the kitchen our chefs use local ingredients: fresh fish, caught by the local fishermen, seafood, herbs and spices from the island.
The property has ten private, very spacious villas, two family houses, restaurant, bar, swimming pool and PADI dive centre: Unguja Divers.
All villas consist of a:
- spacious bedroom with double bed (6x7 ft, 185x215 cm), mosquito net, ceiling fan and private safe
- open plan sitting room (baraza-style)
- open plan spacious shower room,
- separate toilet,
- loft with extra DBL bed,
- private terrace.
To explain the differentiation in room rates:
Six sea view villas
All have direct sea view, including a private terrace directly overlooking the Menai Bay.
One back row sea view villa
The same as the sea view villas but is situated a little bit behind one of the sea view villas. This villa still has beautiful sea view.
Three baobab villas
All three are situated in the garden around a huge baobab tree. These villas have no sea view but all three have their own plunge pool and AC in the bedroom.
Two family houses
Both have direct sea view and consist of the following:
- bedroom with DBL bed (6x7 ft, 185x215 cm), mosquito net, ceiling fan, AC in one of the two houses), bathroom/toilet en suite
- extra open plan bathroom/toilet
- open plan sitting room
- sitting room inside
- sea view terrace
- two smaller bedrooms both with 2 SNGL beds that can be put together to make a double bed, mosquito nets, fan, AC in one of the two houses, bathroom/toilet en suite
Early morning tea and coffee is served in the villas.
All warm items like eggs, pancakes, sausages, bacon can be ordered with the waiters. All fresh items are on the buffet table like bread rolls, croissants, pastry, milk, yoghurt, muesli, cereals, cheese and a variety of fresh fruits available on the island.
A la carte with different options every day
Four o’clock tea, coffee and pastry
Six o’clock snacks
A choice of two starters, one is always vegetarian.
A choice of four or five main dishes, one with fish or seafood, one with meat and one or two vegetarian
A choice of two deserts
Coffee or tea with Amarula
Serves all drinks, including freshly made cocktails and smoothies. We have an interesting selection of wines
Services and activities
- Honeymoon extras
- Free wireless internet
- Tourist information
- Laundry service
- Airport and Tour Transport
- Reading corner
- Guided village tour
- Water activities like diving, snorkeling, dolphin watching, island visits, sunset cruises, etc.
- Massages (Full Body, Swahili Head, Back & Neck, Foot scrub and Massage)
5 nights stay = 4 nights pay Not valid for stays between 1-10 January 2018 and 20 December 2018-10 January 2018. Not in conjunction with honeymoon special.
Honeymoon special with minimum stay of 5 nights: 20% discount for the bride, his and hers back & neck massage, sparkling wine, sea front dinner. Not valid for stays between 1-10 January 2018 and 20 December 2018-10 January 2018.
Policy & Terms4 Days Unguja Lodge Beach Villas Zanzibar Holiday Package. Min. 2 adults. Third, fourth, fifth, and sixth persons sharing the Sea view family villa are 50% of the rate. Rates valid: 1ST JANUARY TO 28TH FEBRUARY 2018. 1ST JULY TO 31ST OCTOBER 2018. 20TH – 31ST DECEMBER 2018. Cancellation and no show: Any cancellation must be made to Unguja Lodge by e-mail. Confirmation of cancellation will be given by email within 36 hours. Cancellation fees: 30 days or more prior to arrival: nil. 30 to 15 days prior to arrival: 50%. 14 to 8 days prior to arrival: 75%. Less than 8 days prior to arrival or no show: 100%. Children policy: Less than 2 years old sharing with adults: free of charge. 2-18 years old sharing with two or more adults: 50% of adult rate. 2-18 years old sharing with one adult: 75% of adult rate. The lodge is closed from 23TH April to 22TH May for maintenance.
Days : 4 | Nights : 3