• Duration: 7 Nights / 8 Days
• 4* Star Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa Package Zanzibar
• All inclusive holiday package: breakfast, lunch and dinner, coffee, tea, sodas, house wine, local beer, local cocktails
• Accommodation: rate is for Garden Room / Masai Room
• Ferry or airport transfers (two ways) included
• Add Zanzibar activities below or upgrade to (Cottage Room 4 pax max or Junior Suite Room 4 pax max) during the purchase process.
One of the most luxurious hotels on the east coast of Zanzibar, Karafuu Beach Resort & Spa has been granted an international five-star rating.
It’s ideally located on a blissful stretch of palm-fringed beach with white sand and dazzling blue water - just what you’re after.
The spacious, cool reception area under makuti (palm thatch) is impressive, especially when you're visiting the resort for the first time. You instantly know you’re
in a top-notch hotel. There is an enormous pool around which you will find guests soaking up the sun. The clientele is largely international, so you will hear a variety of
accents. A little further along is the beach with a generous strip of sand with sun lounges set a good distance apart from each other.
Warm hospitality comes naturally to the Swahili staff, who are impeccably dressed in long, robed uniforms. You are welcomed with the traditional greeting of karibu and we found there was always someone on hand to assist with a smile. We rate the service at Karafuu as excellent.
The hotel has all the expected facilities: fully-equipped Diving center, boutiques, tennis courts, gymnasium and Spa. The rooms are extremely comfortable and styled in a modern Zanzibar theme. They provide a welcome relief from the sun when you have spent the day by the pool or diving and lazing on the beach.
The eastern side of the island is greatly influenced by the tide. You can sunbathe on the beach and slip straight into the water and swim far out when the tide is high. When the tide recedes, you have to wade out to the fringing reef, which can be fun if you want to look for marine life in the shallows.
Karafuu is one of the few hotels on the east coast where you can enjoy a comfortable and safe swim in the ocean at low tide. A concrete path in front of the hotel leads you from the beach to a permanent natural depression in the ocean bed just 200 meters offshore, offering a giant natural swimming pool deep enough for small boats to moor in.
The hotel, opened in 1995, is aptly named after the Swahili word for cloves, karafuu, which grows in abundance on Zanzibar (especially on Pemba).
The hotel has 138 rooms, all having the same facilities and they are divided into following different
• 2 Seafront Villas, (205 sqm) facing on a white sandy beach, with 2 separates bedrooms and its own private pool;
• 3 Suite Rooms, (94 sqm) beachfront and very spacious with private outdoor shower;
• 26 Junior suite rooms, (60 sqm) all with generous sea view and situated along the beach or on the cliff;
• 40 Cottage Rooms, (60 sqm) situated on a gentle slope behind the junior suites in an idyllic setting for a tropical escape;
• 28 Garden Rooms, (45 sqm), located at the top of the slope in the lush tropical garden;
• 20 Bondeni Pool Rooms, (48 sqm) located inside the “Bondeni area” all facing the Bondeni swimming pool;
• 16 Masai Pool Rooms, (48 sqm) located near the botanic garden, built in typical masai style all facing the Masai swimming pool;
• Family House: Family house is located near our Villas with garden view consisting of 3 comfortable rooms is ideal for a family with children or close friends that need privacy.
All the rooms have makuti (palm-thatch) roofs and are decorated in a modern style with some Zanzibari characteristics. They are all well maintained and comfortable, with air-conditioner, ceiling
fan, television, Wi-Fi, mini-bar, telephone, tea-coffee maker, hairdryer, safe box and en-suite spacious bathroom. Each room has its own veranda and the beds have mosquito nets.
The highly recommend cuisine at Karafuu includes theme evenings and different venues and you
can even have a romantic dinner right on the beach.
There is an amazing choice of four restaurants:
• “Kijiji Restaurant” the main restaurant with sea-view terrace, serving generous international theme
buffets (breakfast/lunch/dinner) - included to all our guests;
• “Bondeni Fusion Grill Restaurant” located inside the Bondeni Pool Ideal for grill specialties and
fusion dishes. Open for dinner seven days a week.
• “Masai Village Restaurant” Located within a perfectly reproduced African village, open twice a
week offers traditional Swahili and Masai dinners with folklore dance performances - included to all
• PizzAmore: With its unique décor and ambience offers splendid choice of homemade authentic
Italian pizzas, traditional Italian starters and many more sure to satisfy everyone! Open for dinner
seven days a week.
• The à la carte restaurant “Le Grand Bleu” with breathtaking ocean view, for gourmet lobster and
seafood dinners - extra charge will be applied;
For a relaxing break during the day, or for a nightcap, you have the choice of 4 bars :
• ZANZI...BAR Our main Cocktail bar & Shisha lounge area where evenings continue with tropical
cocktails and soft music on a
• 3 SWIM-UP BARS Situated in Bondeni, Masai and Main Pool. To sip an exotic long drink while
sitting on underwater stools.
Karafuu is situated on the east coast, 65km from Stone Town and the airport.
• Luxury Reception and Lounge
• Safe box
• Change Office
• 3 Boutiques
• Two conference rooms
• Event Hall
• Four bars
• Transfer from/to Airport
• Car Rental
• Guided Excursions
• Three Swimming pool (one is including kids pool)
• Kinder Garden
• Internet point; Wi-Fi connection
• Full water sports centre, including deep-sea fishing, snorkeling and diving. The dive school supports PADI and DAN methods of diving at all levels.
• Two floodlit tennis courts
• Football pitch
• Games room with billiards and darts
• Beach Volleyball and bowls
• Tennis table
• Air-conditioner and ceiling fan
• Mosquito nets
• Tea/ coffee maker
• Safe box
• Wi-Fi connectivity
• 24-hour reception
• Open: All year round
Meals at Kijiji Restaurant, PizzaAmore and Masai Village*
*Twice a week
Free Drinks (from 10am to 24pm):
Non Branded Spirits
Table wine per glass
Non Alcoholic Cocktails
Selection of Alcoholic Cocktails
Sports and Leisure
Use of gym
Free use of:
- Table tennis
- Tennis court with equipment (lighting not included)
- Beach volley
- Pool table
- Darts and in-door games
Policy & Terms7 Nights / 8 Days Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa Package Pingwe Zanzibar. Rates valid for stays 01/07/21/22 - 31/07/21/22 & 01/09/21/22 - 31/10/21/22. CHILDREN'S POLICY: First child 2 -13 years, 100% discount. Second child 2 -13 years, 50% discount. INFANT 0 - 1,99 years is always free. Accommodation: rate is for Garden Room / Masai Room (3 pax max) or upgrade to (Cottage Room 4 pax max or Junior Suite Room 4 pax max). Rates are inclusive of VAT but exclude all local taxes. All guests will be charged of 1$ per day for the “INFRASTRUCTURE TAX” imposed by the Zanzibar Revenue Board (ZRB) since 1st July 2015. Guests will be charged directly on the hotel bill. The tax is applicable to both adults and children. Cancellation and No-Show Policy: Periods : from: 07/01/21-22 – to: 31/07/21-22 / from: 01/09/21 – to: 31/10/21-22. - Cancellations received prior to 21 days before arrival will incur no penalty. - Cancellations received within 21 – 7 days before arrival will incur a charge of 50% of the total stay booked. - Cancellations received within 7 days before arrival will incur a charge of 75% of the total stay booked. - No-show, same day cancellation, as well as reducing the duration of stay, will be charged for the entire stay booked (100% charge). Organized by: Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa. Rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking online.
Tour Length: : 8 | : 7