• Duration: full day
• Tour combination: enjoy two Zanzibar highlights in one day: Prison Island and Stone Town Tour
• While you are on this Island, you will be able to swim, snorkeling and take pictures with giant tortoises
• Experience the motorized boat transfer to Prison Island
• Discover the Giant Tortoise lived for hundred years
• Snorkel and see some beautiful corals and oysters and starfishes
• Relax down the beach and enjoy your spectacular sunbathing
• Visit the House of Wonder to see the collection of stored culture
• Discover the Palace Museums
• Memorize your past to see the Historical Anglican Church
• See the Old and Historical Largest East Africa Slave Market
• Hop down the Slave chambers at Mkunazini Slave Market
• Experience the local shopping at Darajani Historical Market
• Pass around the local shops and souvenirs
• Tour start from beach hotels
Prison island tour in Zanzibar is an half day tour, Prison island is also known as Changuu island, the name "prison island" came after this unique island being used by some sultans of Zanzibar to detain the recalcitrant slaves, about 25 to 30 minutes boat ride (motorised).
While you are on this Island, you will be able to swim, snorkeling and take pictures with giant tortoises, for sure, have a delightful swim, the wonderful snorkeling which will allow you to see the colorful school of tropical fish eg black snaper, orangelined tiggerfish, spotted garfish, barracuda, longfin bannerfish, emperor engelfish, rabbitfish, clown tiggerfish, bluestripe snaper etc ..
This day tour will be the best for snorkeling lovers and as well as beach relaxers.. however there are a lot to discover including historical sites and giant tortoises..
Stone town tour in Zanzibar is a private guided half day tour starts from your hotel. It is 3 hours tour whereby tourists will get opportunity to discover the historical sites and Zanzibar island people together their daily activities. The tour can either commences at the house of wonders or Darajani city Market and covers all the historical sites and monuments. Our guide will take you to the house of wonder which is nowadays known as the National Museum of Zanzibar (rebuilt 1883), the Arab fort which is also known as oldfort, while you are passing along bazaar streets you will ahead towards the Feddie Mercury house, old slave market, fruit market, spice market, etc.. without forgetting the Zanzibar curved doors which are the ones that decorating the stone town.
This City tour is one among the hot day tours in Zanzibar island, it is the only opportunity to discover the historical sites, curio shops, dilapidated buildings, cosmopolitan people shopping.....
Policy & Terms
Days : 1 | Nights : 0