Placed in the southern highlands of Tanzania, close to the country's legislative capital of Dodoma and the agricultural hub of Morogora, Iringa is a pleasant little town and a focus of regional production and agriculture. Its streets are peaceful and quiet, and the market provides a color place of traditional African culture. Iringa overlooks the pretty Ruaha River and it is a famous stopping point for visitors to Ruaha National Park. Here are some of the best attractions:
Igeleke Rock Art
A big prehistoric frieze, similar to the style of Kondoa rock paintings, placed at a remarkable site on the edge of town just west of the Dodoma road. The ochre drawings depict human figures, an elephant, giraffe hiding in long grass and jumping eland.
This amazing EU-funded museum is a remarkable new development, as its little cafe, and standard gift shop. Placed between Neema and Uhuru Park, Boma is housed in a 1900 German colonial building. Artfully showed objects, adding an embroidered chiefs robe, gleaming calabashes and wooden ceremonial stool, are illuminated by extended captains exploring the very old and colonial history of the place, tribal clothing and traditions nearby attractions. It is the best place to begin your exploration of the town.
1h 30 min is the Dar es Salaam to Iringa average flight time.
There is 1 airline that flies Dar es Salaam to Iringa direct.
There are twenty-two flights operate Dar Es Salaam to Iringa per week.
The flight distance between Iringa and Dar es Salaam is 403km.
• The quickest flight time for direct Dar es Salaam to Iringa cheap flights is one hour thirty minutes. The average flight time is one hour thirty minutes.
• The earliest flight of the day departs at 7:00. The final flight of the day departs at 12:45.
• There are one airlines that offer Dar es Salaam to Iringa flights cheap direct.
• The most famous airline flying from Dar es Salaam to Iringa flights is Auric Air.
• Airport codes flights from Dar es Salaam to Iringa is Iringa-IRI, Dar Es Salaam-DAR.