Natural, history, and cultural and built heritage; Tanga area covers 27,348km and has an estimated population 2 million inhabitants, with at least 300,000 living in Tanga city.
Mwaronga sandy beaches you can start your sightseeing tour in Tanga with a visit to the Amboni Caves placed nearby. It is the most big limestone caves in East Africa and was formed during the Jurassic period. It one of the premier place spots and value a visit. The Amboni Caves in Tanga houses 1000s of bats and it is house to many spirits that hold remarkable religious importance for many of the domestic tribes. You will also come across ceremonial cavern placed within the cave with offerings like obsidian pottery and blades.
Tongoni Ruins is another famous tourist location placed 17 kilometers south of Tanga in Tanzania. The little fishing village is popular for the fifteen century ruins of mosque and contains ruins of about 40 tombs. There are guided trips to this little village and it makes for a best spot for one-day excursion. You can also view ruins of 2 mosques and tombs at the Toten Island, placed off the Tanga Harbor. Apart from visiting the popular sightseeing places and exploring the famous attractions, you can also relax at the sandy beaches and capture the wonderful views of the city.
Generally the best Dar es Salaam to Tanga flight time is 2 months in advance. And the cheap day to fly are Wednesday, Tuesday, and Saturday. Sunday is the most costly.
There are one direct flights from Dar es Salaam to Tanga.
Auric Air and Coastal Aviation offer non-stop flights between Tanga and Dar es Salaam.
• Dar es Salaam, Tanzania is 125 miles from Tanga.
• There are one weekly Selous to Tanga flights.
• One non-stop flights are operating between Tanga and Dar es Salaam.
• Coastal Aviation has the most nonstop Tanga flights from Dar es Salaam.
• Zanzibar - Tanzania - Zanzibar Kisauni is the most famous link for one stop flights between Tanga and Dar es Salaam.
• The quickest flight time for direct flights from Dar es Salaam to Tanga is one hours. The average cheap flights from Dar es Salaam to Tanga time is one hours twenty-two hours.