Accra is the capital of Ghana, placed in West Africa. It is also the regional capital of the Greater Accra area, which is the smallest of 10 regions of Ghana, and is the main gateway to the country via the Kotoka International Airport. Here are some of the best attractions of Accra:
La Pleasure Beach
This the most premier and developed beach in Accra, well patronized by visitors and locals in the metropolis.
The National Theatre
This ultra-modern theatre built in Chinese architecture is placed on Independence Avenue and is the avenue for traditional theatrical performances.
The theatre provides a big range of fun mostly on weekends. Other remarkable specs include balconies, concert halls, a wonderfully landscaped area with fountains, the theatre Gardens Restaurant specializing in Ghanaian and continental dishes.
Accra Sports Stadium
It was built in 1952 and homes the offices of the sports Council of Ghana. It has a capacity for 29,000 people and presently is under expansion to take in facilities for all big sports including Badminton, Lawn Tennis, and Handball. Football is most famous sport and Accra stadium plays host to big football tournaments.
Formerly called as Black Star Square, it is Ghana top parade ground completed shortly before Queen Elizabeth II visit in 1961. It has a seating ability for 25,000 people on its permanent stands.
Direct flights from Johannesburg to Accra are presently served by four airlines, including JetBlue, United Airlines and TAP Air Portugal.
A direct flight takes up to seven hours, covering a distance of 2930 kilometers.
On average ten flights depart from Johannesburg to Accra per day.
• Afternoon - twenty-percent of flight departures
• Evening - eighty percent of flight departures
• Johannesburg is 2908 miles from Accra.
• There are four daily flights from Johannesburg to Accra.
• There are six weekly flights from Johannesburg to Accra.
• Four non-stop flights are operating from Johannesburg to Accra flights.
• TAP Air Portugal has the most nonstop flights between Accra and Johannesburg.
• Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Bole is the most famous link for one stop flights between Johannesburg and Accra.
• The common Johannesburg to Accra flight time is six hours five minutes.