As the business hub and administrative center of Botswana, Gaborone is a charming place with stunning attractions. Here are some of the best attractions of Gaborone.
Gaborone Dam is a big landmark in Gaborone, which is used by public including the domestic yacht club for recreational activities. The dam was made at the time the city was established to provide water to city dwellers. It is famous with windsurfers, birdwatchers, and picnic lovers, but it not perfect for swimming as it is infested with bilharzia parasite and crocodiles.
Gaborone Game Reserve
Gaborone Game Reserve is famous as the third busiest game reserve in the country. Given the rivalry between game reserves with Botswana, this speaks volumes about the reserve. The reserves places to the east of Gaborone. It is teeming with animals that kudu, zebra, ostrich, and wild boar. It is home to rhino and antelope.
Mokolodi Natural Reserve
This park lies hardly 10km to the south and outside the city. Mokolodi is popular for its wildlife such as the re-introduction of the white rhino and the re-place of the problematic cheetahs. The reserve has been established for educational and conservation reasons.
Animals like steenbok, baboons, hyena, white rhino, mountain reedbuck, giraffe and antelope are found in the area.
There are one direct flight from Gaborone to Johannesburg.
Generally the excellent time to book Johannesburg to Gaborone flights is 2 months in advance. And the cheap day to fly are Wednesday, Tuesday, and Saturday. Sunday is the most expensive.
There are presently three airlines offering cheapest flights Johannesburg to Gaborone, Air Botswana, Qatar Airways, and SAA.
When flying direct, guess to fly for about one hour. The travel distance is about 182 kilometers.
Visitors can guess 34 flights from Johannesburg to Gaborone on average per day.
• Early morning - six percent of flight departures
• Morning - forty-four percent of flight departures
• Afternoon - twenty-six percent of flight departures
• Evening - twenty-four percent of flight departures
• Gaborone is 182 miles from Johannesburg.
• There are nineteen weekly flights from Gaborone to Johannesburg.
• Thirteen non-stop flights are operating from Gaborone to Johannesburg.
• Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Bole is the most famous link for one stop flights between Johannesburg and Gaborone.