Cairo is the one of the world's biggest megacities. As charming as it is crazy, and as rich in historic finery as it is half dilapidated, Cairo tends to be a city that visitors love and hate in equal measures. The megacity is loud, big and chaotic, and can actually be overwhelming for some visitors. If that is the case for you, or you just have a little amount of time there, I have put together the best places to visit in Cairo.
The pyramids of Giza are Cairo number 1 half-day tour and a must-do attractions on every person itinerary. Right on the city edge, on the Giza Plateau, these 4th dynasty funerary templates have been wowing tourists for centuries and continue to be one of the country's big highlights.
A tour to Cairo would not be complete without going Khan El Khalili street market. It is not just a best location to find your typical visitors trinkets but some of the items to be found here are just real gold.
• Other best tourist attraction contain the Al-Azhar mosque. The 187-metre tall Cairo Tower, the medieval Citadel and the Muhammad Ali mosque.
Direct flights from London to Cairo are presently served by six airlines, including Egypt Air, Air Canada and Iberia.
You can guess a London Cairo flight time of up to five hours for a direct flight. Airline with a travel distance of up to 1,366 miles.
• Fifteen London Cairo flight departs per day on average.
• Afternoon - eighty percent of flight departures
• Evening - twenty percent of flight departures
In the past three days, the affordable return tickets were found on Ukraine Intl Air (€275), Air France (€260) and Air Malta (€275).
• On Cairo airport, there are several car rental agencies that run onsite. Budget, Sixt, Hertz, and other car hire agencies have offices in every Cairo terminal International Airport.
• High season is considered to be July, June and August. The affordable months to fly is November.
• Book at least five weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
• The cheap flights from London to Cairo was found, on average, fifty-nine days before departure.