Mauritius has three telecom service providers. Here’s a guide on how to get sim card in Mauritius:
• Orange (Currently My.t)
All of these three providers offer 2G, 3G and 4G networks. In the outer islands of Rodrigues and Agalega, only Emtel and My.t offer a 4G network respectively.
Which sim card mauritius should you buy when visiting? If you want to purchase a SIM card in Mauritius, I would advise going with Emtel because they have lower rates. Further, the Emtel Tourist SIM card for 200 MUR that comes with one GB, unlimited Facebook, and hundred SMS for ten days, which is quite a best deal.
• At MRU airport in Plaine Magnien you can find SIM cards at the many car rental Kiosks just after exiting the airport. You can also get Prepaid sim card in Mauritius at the post office desk at the airport.
• For emtel you can use their store locator to find stores to buy SIM cards.
• You can also find entel sim card Mauritius at most special stores all over country. I do not advise buying SIM cards here, you will have to mail registration and passport info to emtel stores for your SIM card to get activated. Your SIM card do not get make active at random convenience stores.
• SiM card cost: about MUR hundred inclusive of VAT
• The SIM cards activation is not quick: For entel sim card mauritius cards activation takes about an hour. For My.t Sim cards activation can take up to two to three days.
My.t is the biggest operator in Mauritius in terms of subscribers. They also have the top coverage throughout the country, including the islands Agalega and Rodrigues – they are the just operators that have 4G/LTE coverage there. My.t used to be famous as Orange, but they rebrand to my.t late 2017.
You can get a sim card mauritius telecom for 100 MUR at my.t stores or Telecom Mauritius stores.
Emtel is the second biggest operator in Mauritius. Their 3G network is as costly as the one of my.t, but their LTE/4G network still needs to catch up. Emtel rates are also very low, which is why I advise getting an Emtel SIM card.
Emtel SIM cards are sold for hundred MRU in Emtel stores and ease stores an d come with 87 MUR in credit, three-hundred MB valid for seven days, unlimited Facebook for seven days, and 250 SMS for ninety days.
Chili is the smallest operator in Mauritius, but they also have the affordable rates all through the country. Initially, Chili marketed its 4G and 3G network. They stated that they were working on a real LTE/4G network.
Chili SIM cards are sold for hundred MUR in Chili stores. It also comes with hundred MUR in credit. Chili recharge cards are sold from twenty-five MUR to three-hundred MUR.
International SIM cards are cards that have been made for visitors so that they do not have to deal with roaming costs.
The international SIM cards providers companies is too many to count, but international SIM cards provide you the same convenience as roaming with your providers. A few providers I know are SimOptions, OneSIM card, BNESIM, Surfoam and SIM corner.
They permit people to call you at 1 number instead of 5 in case you are exploring multiple nations in one trip. Additional, you do not have to deal with multiple SIM cards you will never use again. In simple words, international SIM cards have been made for the international visitors in mind.