Pietermaritzburg is the capital and second-biggest city in the province of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Here are some of the best attraction of the beautiful city.
Howick Falls are placed in Howick outside Pietermaritzburg and offers an amazing view. The falls are about 95m in height, about the same as the popular Victoria Falls of Zimbabwe. The Howick Falls can be dated back to the time the primary man wandered the Kwazulu Natal plains. If hearsay and status are to be trusted, this area remained unchanged for the last three-hundred centuries.
Bisley Valley reserve
The Bisley Valley reserve, sprawling to approximately 350 hectares of best old African grassland and savanna has you covered. This is another included shock. No entry fees! There are lots of places to set up your well-deserved picnic, or just follow the trail which is made just for that bird lover in you.
For the amazing facilities and the 550-metre racecourse. The Scottsville Racecourse is most popular for being the setting for the 2005 movie Racing Stripes, which tells the story of a zebra racing. If you have that extra dough burning a hole in your pocket and horse racing sets your blood rushing, this is the best location for you! Scottsville has all the new facilities shaped for your relaxation.
The distance of Pietermaritzburg flights from Johannesburg is 422 kilometers.
The common Johannesburg to Pietermaritzburg flight time is an hour.
There are twenty-nine direct flights from Johannesburg to Pietermaritzburg.
South African Airways provides hundred percent of the non-stop flights between Pietermaritzburg and Johannesburg.
Visitors can guess seven flights from Johannesburg to Pietermaritzburg on average per day.
• Morning - forty-three percent of flight departures
• Afternoon - forty-three percent of flight departures
• Evening -fourteen percent of flight departures
• Johannesburg is 276 miles from Pietermaritzburg.
• Five non-stop flights are operating from to Johannesburg to Pietermaritzburg.
• South African Airways has the most nonstop flights between Pietermaritzburg and Johannesburg.
• The average Johannesburg to Pietermaritzburg flight time is one hour.