Founded in 1964 from 2 divide nation states, Tanzania is home to Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, and is one of Africa's most famous safari places. The country also has dozens of charming white sandy beaches such as those found in the Zanzibar and flights to Tanzania are easily accessible. Here are some of the most remarkable tourist attractions in Tanzania.
The Serengeti national park is home to the biggest wildlife spectacle on planet - the huge migration of zebra and wildebeest. The resident population of elephant, lion, cheetah, birds, and giraffe is also remarkable. There is a big range of accommodation accessible from mobile camps to luxury lodges. The parks covers 5,710 miles, it is biggest than Connecticut. The park, an international visitor attraction, was included to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1981.
The Unguja Island, part of Zanzibar, builds the final spice Island. Once part of the British Empire, today this Island is a semi-autonomous area of Tanzania. The African Island has been for centuries a vital trading center, a melting pot of Indian, African, and Arab influences. Zanzibar's big visitor attraction in Stone Town, with its whitewashed coral rag houses. Another huge draw are its charming white sandy beaches.
Mount Kilimanjaro is a volcano in north-eastern Tanzania, close to the border with Kenya. At 5,892 meters above sea level, Kilimanjaro is Africa top peak and the world's highest free-standing mountain. Although positioned near to the equator, Mount Kilimanjaro is famous for its snow-capped peak looming over the plains of the savannah. The mountain has become a big visitor attraction for trekkers and mountaineers from around the planet.
Placed in the center of Tanzania, the Ruaha National Park is the biggest national park in the country. The park is named after the Hehe word "ruvaha" meaning river."Filled with lions, dogs, leopards, cheetah, elephants, impala, giraffes, jackals and bat eared foxes, the park provides visitors a chance to get up close and personal with culture. Due to the parks somewhat enemote place visitors can enjoy viewing the wildlife without completing the hordes of other visitors.
Little than Ruaha, this national park is a heaven for bird watches as more than 550 different species. Tarangire is also famous for its big number of elephants, tree climbing lions and baobab trees. Big termite mounds can be found all around the park.
• The National Museum of Tanzania
• Matema Beach
• The Big Five safari experience
• Prison Island
• Mount Meru
• House of Wonders
• Serengeti Hippo Pool
• Arusha Cultural Heritage Centre
• The annual wildebeest migration
• Old Fort
• Mount Kilimanjaro (5.895 m)
• Mto Wa Mbu
• Ngorongoro Crater
• Forodhani Gardens
• Pemba Island/Pemba Channel
• Kitulo Plateau
• Isimila Stone Age site
• The Rock Restaurant
• Dar es Salaam City
• Stone Town
• Lake Victoria
• Arusha National Park
• Gombe Stream National Park
• Jozani Chwaka Bay National Park
• Katavi National Park
• Kilimanjaro National Park
• Kitulo National Park
• Lake Manyara National Park
• Mahale Mountains National Park
• Mikumi National Park
• Mkomazi National Park
• Ruaha National Park
• Rubondo Island National Park
• Saadani National Park
• Saanane Island National Park
• Serengeti National Park
• Selous Game Reserve
• Udzungwa Mountains National Park
The airport at Dar es Salaam is the big place for international flights to Tanzania. Kilimanjaro airport is an excellent place for those heading up the mountain or to Arusha and Moshi. Airports Mtwara, Mwanza, and Zanibar are also handle international traffic. Airlines offering flights to Tanzania direct include KLM, Swiss, Air Canada, Meridiana, Egyptair, Qatar Airways, South African Airways and Lufthansa.
Tanzania experiences strong rainfall from October to December and from April to May. Traveling in the country during this time is inadvisable as several parks and visitor places throughout the country are closed during this time. A big hat, sun-block, and bottle of water will come in handy during the hot months season when temperature can rise to 35C and higher in Dar es Salaam. The coastal areas humid and hot throughout the year but especially so from November to April.
Visitor peak season happen in the months of July and August and during the New Year/Christmas period. The perfect time to fly from Air tanzania cheap flights is October and November, when the rains are not at their heaviest and the crowds have reduced.
If you hope to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, the top months for flights to Tanzania Kilimanjaro are between January and mid-March or between July and October. Some New Year and Christmas climbs do take place but are continually cancelled because of heavy rains.
There are a rising number of airlines that provide cheap flights to Tanzania although some are definitely affordable than others. The big airlines to look out for are Kenya Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Emirates, Oman Air, Turkish Airlines and Qatar Airways. A majority of flights to Tanzania Zanzibar are not direct so there is a chance that you will combine 2 airlines to complete the journey. If you do not already have a preference which airline to fly with then your top bet would be to match a few together and view who provides the Tanzania flight deals. You will see the cost of flight tickets does change depending on where actually you are planning to visit.
At the moment, Tuesday is the most perfect day to take a flights to Tanzania direct. Friday is likely to be the most costly.
• An average continue from USA to Tanzania takes 24h 50m, covering an area of 8598 miles.
• The most famous route is Portland -Arusha with an average flight time of 20h 08m.
• Flights from Heathrow to Tanzaia takes 13 hours and fifty minutes.
• Flights from Birmingham to Zanzibar, Tanzania: 12 hours thirty-five minutes
Most tourists flock to Tanzania between January and February, chilly nights and clear day skies, makes it a top tourist season. Although flights to Tanzania time to go depends mostly on which part of Tanzania you are more likely to visit, broadly speaking any time between July and October or between December and April is right for visitors.
• Cheap flights to Dubai (DXB)
• Cheap flights to Nairobi (NBO)
• Cheap flights to Cairo (CAI)
• Cheap flights to Johannesburg (JNB)
• Cheap flights to Abu Dhabi (AUH)
• Cheap flights to Kigali (KGL)
• Cheap flights to Cape Town (CPT)
• Cheap flights to Botswana
• Cheap flights to Uganda
• Cheap flights to Kenya
• Cheap flights to Egypt
• Cheap flights to Namibia
• Cheap flights to Seychelles
• Cheap flights to South Africa
• Cheap flights to Mauritius
• Cheap flights to Nigeria
• Cheap flights to Zimbabwe
• Cheap flights to Cape Verde
• Cheap flights to United Arab Emirates
• Cheap flights to Morocco
• Cheap flights to Zambia
• Cheap flights to Angola
• Flights to Zanzibar (DAR - ZNZ)
• Flights to Arusha (DAR - ARK)
• Flights to Kilimanjaro (DAR - JRO)
• Flights to Mwanza (DAR - MWZ)
• Flights to Kigoma (DAR - TKQ)
• Flights to Dodoma (DAR - DOD)
• Flights to Iringa (DAR - IRI)
• Flights to Tanga (DAR - TGT)
• Flights to Musoma (DAR - MUZ)
• Flights to Bukoba (DAR - BKZ)
• Flights to Mbeya (DAR - MBI)
• Flights to Mtwara (DAR - MYW)
• Flights to Songea (DAR - SGX)
• Flights to Tabora (DAR - TBO)
• Flights from Kenya to Tanzania
• Flights from Botswana to Tanzania
• Flights from Malawi to Tanzania
• Flights from Mozambique to Tanzania
• Flights from Namibia to Tanzania
• Flights from Rwanda to Tanzania
• Flights from Seychelles to Tanzania
• Flights from South Africa to Tanzania
• Flights from Zambia to Tanzania
• Flights from Uganda to Tanzania
• Flights from Zimbabwe to Tanzania
• Flights from United Kingdom to Tanzania
• Flights from United Arab Emirates to Tanzania
• Flights from India to Tanzania